Welcome to my world...

Welcome to my world of technology...







Friday, September 23, 2011


This is the link to the hp pavilion g4.
This is the hp pavilion g4. It is an amazing laptop at an amazing price. This is not my computer yet, but it will be in a couple of days because I just ordered it yesterday! I have been wanting a new laptop for a long time now, but it has taken me time to buy one because they are a vert big inmvestment. And being a young college student, money is not something I am in abundance of.

My current laptop is a Dell latitude. That is a picture of it on the side. It may not look too bad from the picture, but dont let it fool you. It has horrible graphics and an extremely slow processor. I have had the laptop for about 6 years and I didnt even get it brand new. It was my moms and she handed it down to me. I am not a very big fan of Dells because it is the only brand of desktop computer we have ever had in our house and we have always had problems with them. So when I was shopping around for a new laptop I was determined that I would NOT get a Dell, no matter how cheap they are compared to other computer manufacturers.

I did a lot of research before deciding on the compuuter that I did. I wanted to make sure that I was going to get good quality for the money that I spend and laptop that was going to meet my everyday needs. There are a lot of differences between Dells and HPs, but there is also some similarities. The hp i ordered is an excellent computer compared to my Dell, even compared to other brands new computers out right now. I could put the HP that I ordered up against many top computer brands right now.

HP Computer
Positives
Negatives
Lightweight (only 4.68 pounds)
Webcam is not HD
Compact size (14 inch screen)
Does not include Microsoft Office
Nice look & color
-
New & fast processor (Intel Core-i3)
-
4GB of System Memory
-
Nice build quality
-
Windows 7
-

Dell Computer
Positives
Negatives
Compact size (14 inch screen)
Bad screen resolution
Good keyboard
Old & very slow processor
Accessible shortcut keys
Windows XP
-
1GB System Memory
   

5 comments:

  1. saying "Microsoft doesn't come with it" doesn't make sense, especially when you said Windows 7 does come with it (which is a MS product).. did you mean Microsoft Expression? Microsoft Security Essentials? Microsoft Office? Microsoft Internet Explorer?

    Microsoft is a brand.. :)

    Here's a tip for buying technology which it seems you've already learned: you don't have to be bleeding edge when leading edge will do.

    Don't buy the latest and greatest, buy what was latest and greatest last month. Why? it will still perform better than whatever you're replacing (if you are replacing) and the price won't be outrageous. You pay more to be bleeding edge, yet as soon as something else comes out, the price on what you've got drops dramatically, however, the performance remains the same, in the long run, you're paying a lot less for the same amount of performance that someone else paid a lot more for-- and chances are, unless someone you know happens to be in the market and buys something after you, you're still going to have the fastest performer out of anyone you know!

    i.e.
    if your dell laptop boots windows in 45 seconds and you can buy an hp that boots windows in 30 seconds or one that boots windows in 25 seconds, isn't it win-win because they both can beat 45 seconds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops that was supposed to be a period, not comma after "remains the same"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll fix that frankell, I always refer to office as just "microsoft".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Hp laptops. I have one now and soon I'll be upgrading to another Hp. I've had mine for over 3 years, and just like your Dell it was a hand me down. However, my laptop definitely lasted way longer than I expected. I don't know how long you plan on keeping the Hp but the life span is really good. In my opinion Hp products are one of the best on the market right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a dell and it always freezes on me. I want to get the macbook pro so bad but their outrageously expensive.

    ReplyDelete